This is part two of the adventures in Advaita Vedanta... will you travel with me a while?


Staged Return

Hari Om

Dear Readers, 
It is time to start emerging from the depths of the wilderness. It has been fourteen months since last this blog - or at least part one of the adventure - aired itself upon the ether. The original hiatus was purely personal. Having to nurse an elder in his final months was to be challenging enough. 

Then came the whammy of a mystery illness... something highly unpleasant and causing one to question living. Within a month of crawling out of bed, the world went into a seizure of total lockdown. A global emergency was announced and governments everywhere struggled to manage themselves and their countries. The mystery illness was attacking many. You were all there and know how it has been. If any of you reading here today have lost some near and dear to the dragon called COVID, you have my condolences. 

My father passed away at the end of November (not C19 related). It had been a very difficult year - even without the wider issue. Due to the effects of what is suspected to be Long-COVID, my own health was not prime and it would be fair to say that it feels as though a year was lived in each month.

However, it is time to start getting back on track, to build up activity in all spheres once more. When attempts were made to resurrect the original blog, a fair number of glitches appeared - not least that the comments facility disappeared and could not be located!

After some dithering, it was seen as a prompt for a new 'chapter'. To begin that here, I propose to undertake the blogging challenge known as "A to Z"! Beginning on April 1st there will be 26 posts (Sundays no posts) on the theme of:

'WORDS...possibly wise'. 
The 'alphabet' of words will all be Sanskrit, 
but given that Sanskrit has no 'f, q, w, x or z,'
the sound equivalents will be used. 

In the interests of transparency, the posts on this blog will in fact be a re-run of those originally appearing on the Doses of Wild YAM blog three years past. They will probably feel more at home here! If any of you read them then - a reread won't do any harm... if you are new here, welcome and I do hope you will linger lovingly!


The prakarana grantha (starter texts) had more or less been covered and lots of intro to Vedanta provided in 'chapter one'. What is required now, it seems, is more of a 'living the philosophy' approach. This blog, then is now going to have a more personal touch to it, and I will occasionally permit the first person pronoun to appear in direct relationship to myself (it is wondered if anyone ever realised that for the entirety of 'chapter one' this author never used "I" in relation to herself???) Your company will be appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting times ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari OM
      Thank you Deepak-bhai, I do hope there will be some interest. It is a niche market, but it is after all merely my journal - out loud! I love that you were my first follower at the very beginning of my blogging career - and are still here. Warm wishes to you and yours! Yxx

      Delete
  2. This sounds really interesting. I will be following this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to stop by and say hello and say thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I hope you have doing the A-Z challenge even if you are sort of repeating what you had posted. It's nice to revisit old thoughts with a fresh eye.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari Om
      Thank you for dropping by AV bloggy - I do hope you will also peek at My Take and Wild YAM blogs to see whether either of them catches your fancy - I have something for all tastes! Yxx

      Delete