This is part two of the adventures in Advaita Vedanta... will you travel with me a while?


Thursday Thoughts

Hari OM

There was cause to be reminded recently...



















It wasn't anything of life-changing purport. Simply a matter of a certain occurrence in the neighbourhood. For a day and a night, I swithered as to what might be done to change the conditions around what was happening. 

Of course, the realisation dawned that the effect upon me was peripheral to what was happening for the neighbour - someone who lives near and yet we know each other not, neither even have had more than a passing glance. It was not a matter that required greater intervention for safety or wellbeing. It was simply a matter of my environment being invaded by a noise unfamiliar and - frankly - unnerving.

The fault was with me for not having appropriate titiksha! Observation told me the situation was likely to be a temporary one. I only needed to wear the headphones or distract myself with something else, rather than let this change bother me as much as it did. 

And it, too, did pass...



1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the serenity prayer with that little extra, and I kind of needed to keep in mind that extra. "Accepting the things we cannot change" and serenity can be harder than it sounds. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete