This is part two of the adventures in Advaita Vedanta... will you travel with me a while?


Thursday Thoughts

Hari OM

Do you, I wonder, have an interest in what brought me here to you? Over on the 'magazine' blog that I call Doses of Wild YAM, I have been building up a series of memoir posts, reflecting on my relationship with Advaita and my time at Sandeepany Sadhanalaya, the gurukula of Chinmaya Mission in Powai, Mumbai.

It has been eight years already since departing that place after the most intense, satisfying, confronting yet strengthening experiences one could imagine. It is deeply personal - yet is also universal, which is why I am working through it now. 

Which is proving to be more of a challenge than I expected. It is almost impossible to extricate the personal effects without delving to some degree into the philosophy and that is a hurdle for readers who do not necessarily wish to (or can) follow some of the reasoning. The thought processes are not always clear - perhaps even to this writer! Yet I persist, for it is cathartic and I think that a large part of any such experience is about the sharing of it. The thinking out loud and ruminating on those effects and any delayed settling of the experience. 

Indeed, it is part of saadhana. So it is being done. If it is of interest, and you are not already familiar, you can take up the reading of it from this index page.



No comments:

Post a Comment