This is part two of the adventures in Advaita Vedanta... will you travel with me a while?


Meditative Monday

Hari OM

Of course, ultimately, meditation is about being free of all thoughts. It is a state of being and nothing else.

Reaching that state, however, in which we Realise our True Self and the Unity of All, requires of us that we go through all the preliminary stages. Meditation is a process of preparation to Become. It means letting go of all the detritus that has accrued in our personality and karma bank. This is why we require to learn the skill that is swadhyaya.

Now, as we approach the start of yet another year, rather than all sorts of resolutions, how about a simple promise to yourself simply to be yourself? Once that promise is made, the efforts will come in keeping it, honouring it... honouring Your Self...

2 comments:

  1. That makess a lot of sense. I don't make any resolutions. If at all I make they are on a day-to-day basis. ... More like a to-do stuff.
    Yes, meditation does keep me detached and and be with myself, even if it's for a short time; sort of energizing myself.
    Thanks for these little nuggets of wisdom, Yamini :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Yamini, I think 'Swaadhyaaya' helps one to introspect his shortcomings and read his mind's contented state of being positive to his deeds and words.

    ReplyDelete