This is part two of the adventures in Advaita Vedanta... will you travel with me a while?


Textual Tuesday

Hari Om

The schema of study devised at Chinmaya Mission is the subject of this post each week. To see all texts referred to, click the label below ("SuggtdReading")

Now we come to an essential text in terms of balancing life with philosophy. The bridge between the two is a matter of devotion to the spirit. For this, we are given the most wonderful, lyrical text of -

This is the text of Love, with the capital 'ell!' Here we are introduced to the idea of Transcendentalism; the ability to rise above the mundanities of life and live in a state of divinity. Is it possible to live in a state of bliss when faced with the trials and tribulations of the world?  This text, purported to have been spoken aloud by the great sage, Naarada, declares a resounding "YES!" in answer to that question. What is more, it gives pointers as to how this can be achieved.

Of course, it all comes down to the level of devotion one can fund within oneself...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yamini, I checked the link. Lots to read and imbibe.
    I try my best to not get riled by things happening around me. I try to see the positives, options forward and I try to move on.
    I always believe that not everything is in our control. And we shouldn't be bothered too much about them. We need to focus on what's in our control.

    ReplyDelete