This is part two of the adventures in Advaita Vedanta... will you travel with me a while?


Thursday Thoughts

Hari OM

CHRISTMAS; not surprising this is in my thoughts this week, is it? It is not incongruent that I celebrate this festival even as I profess to be an Advaitin. 

My spiritual awareness and yaatra began early with the vision of a man who called himself Yeshu. He has been my constant companion. He alone placed me in the care of Sri Rama and thus onto the path of Advaita. I grew to understand that His teachings were nothing short of Vedantic in their nature. That Yeshu clearly had this knowledge and brought it back to his own people in a form with which they could identify. 

The world has moved on. I do believe the world now can accept the teachings of Advaita without alteration. What is more, in learning this philosophy, one's original scriptures, be that the Bible, the Koran or the Torah, are opened up in the most unexpected ways.

Gurudev was once asked why he taught the sacred Sanskrit texts to those not of Hindu origin. His response?

"With this knowledge, they can become 

better Christians, Muslims, Jews..."




No comments:

Post a Comment