This is part two of the adventures in Advaita Vedanta... will you travel with me a while?


Textual Tuesday

Hari OM

In reviewing Shanti mantras for my own benefit, sharing them here with you is surely positive saadhana! Today's offering is one mostly chanted by those who are keenly studying shastra and wishing to stay focused thereon. The link to the chant is an excellent one; proper training in the gurukula method.

 वाङ् मे मनसि प्रतिष्ठिता ।
मनो मे वाचि प्रतिष्ठितम् ।
आविराविर्म एधि ।
वेदस्य  आणीस्थः ।
श्रुतं मे मा प्रहासीः
अनेनाधीतेनाहोरात्रान्सन्दधामि ।
ऋतं वदिष्यामि ।
सत्यं वदिष्यामि ।
तन्मामवतु ।
तद्वक्तारमवतु ।
अवतु माम् ।
अवतु वक्तारामवतु वक्तारम् ॥
 शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ॥

Om Vaanga Me Manasi Pratisstthitaa |
Mano Me Vaaci Pratisstthitam |
Aavira-Avir-Ma Edhi |
Vedasya Ma Aanniisthah |
Shrutam Me Maa Prahaasiih
Anena-Adhiitena-Ahoraatraan-San-Dadhaami |
Rtam Vadissyaami |
Satyam Vadissyaami |
Tan[d]-Maam-Avatu |
Tad-Vaktaaram-Avatu |
Avatu Maam |
Avatu Vaktaaram ||
Om Shaantih Shaantih Shaantih ||

Meaning: 
Om, Let My Speech be Established in My Mind,
Let My Mind be Established in My Speech,
Let the Knowledge of the Self-Manifest Atman Grow in Me,
Let My Mind and Speech be the Support to Experience the Knowledge of the Vedas,
Let what is Heard by Me (from the Vedas) be Not a mere Appearance …
but what is Gained by Studying Day and Night be Retained.
I Speak about the Divine Truth,
I Speak about the Absolute Truth,
May That Protect Me,
May That Protect the Preceptor,
May that Protect Me,
May that Protect the Preceptor, May that Protect the Preceptor,
Om Peace! Peace! Peace!





1 comment:

  1. Three-and-a-half minutes of bliss. It was so calming and energizing to listen to the chant.

    ReplyDelete